In some ways, I'm surprised it took this long for Sophie to break a bone....but still I was SHOCKED when it actually happened!!!
Friday afternoon, Sophie takes a flying leap off of the couch while playing "don't fall in the hot lava", with the carpet being lava and the rug being "safe". She cries a little and rubs her foot. But then she won't walk. She's crawling everywhere or just laying down. Danny and I drop her off at Jamie's while we (and Jonas, of course) go on a date. Jamie says Sophie is still limping and won't put weight on her left foot, although they did bounce on Jamie's bed for a while! We figure Sophie is just playing it up for some attention, and take her home and put her to bed. In the morning, she still won't put weight on it, and it's making a clicking/joint-popping sound when she walks so Danny takes her to the walk-in clinic. We figure maybe it's sprained. Two hours later, Danny calls to tell me Sophie broke her little Fibula!

Here it is in black and white. The Fibula is the smaller bone on the right-hand side of the picture. The fracture is at the very bottom, on the left side where it ever so slightly flares out. Apparently it shouldn't flare out like that. I can't make much sense of it, but it's cool to see Sophie's little bones in an X-ray.
At the clinic they made her this little temporary splint and told us to keep her off of it until we get into the Orthopaedic on Tuesday. I think when they tell you to keep a 3 year old off their feet for 3 days, they should also give you a prescription for tranquilizers of some sort! It was a LONG, PAINFUL 3 days. Finally on Tuesday we got into the Orthopaedic Doctor and got...
The cute little purple cast! And she can walk on it! So much better. She can do pretty much all of her normal activities, although she can't wear her skinny jeans. The cast has also been good for cutting down on tantrums, since she kicked her own foot with the cast while throwing one.
Little purple cast! She picked the color herself. I'm really glad she didn't pick anything flourescent.
And here's a totally unrelated, totally adorable picture of Jonas and Chuck. They both got stickered by Sophie. She stickers because she loves!
AAAAHHHHH, long story short -- Cast for 2 weeks, go back to Ortho for follow-up, hopefully get a boot, go back again, and hopefully be done. No more gymnastics class!
4 years ago
6 comments:
Poor Sophie! I hope she gets better soon!
cute little cast!! i've been thinking about you lately. we didn't get a chance to talk at recipe group. and it appears that a lot has happened with your family, especially little sophie! we should get together next week. me and the girls can come over if you want. let me know.
Yes, I have been waiting for this post!!
Okay so I could have sworn I had left a comment on here, but I guess it was all in my head! Silly me! I am so sad for Sophia and her little injury! I hope all is going well with that! Life just looks like loads of fun for you guys this past month! So glad to keep in touch and we miss you guys too! Your kids are too cute!
Poor thing!
I guess it is times like these that make up the family memories we become so fond of down the road...
Sign a big "get well crazy lil' momma" on her cast for me!
Oh, I love the stickers shot! I have discovered one of my babies sometime-or-another in the same state. Funny!
Wow, I feel so sad for Sophie and her sweet little cast, and I hope she feels better. Since this is my first visit to KARPOWITZ, I have to tell you that I laughed my guts out at the funny Sophie stories on the right nav bar...especially WOLVERINES!! HA! Thanks for sharing, and thanks for being at the deluxe Mia Maid sleepover last night. Love, Juli
Post a Comment